Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love is in the cookie!

So Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and like many women, I LOVE it!  It is one of my favorite holidays to bake up a batch of tasty treats!  What says love better than freshly baked cookies?

I made multiple batches of cookies this year.  I started the baking off with frog cookies.  My husband loves frogs and I make him these cookies every year.

I started by outlining my cookie with the green icing.

Then you fill the rest of the cookie.
I made dark green frogs as well.


Make sure to let the cookies dry overnight.  Some people say you don't have to wait that long to continue the decorating process, but for me I like to be 100% sure the cookie is dry.  Once dry,  I added the yellow crowns, followed by the eyes and all the little extras.

The frog on the right has hearts in his eyes.
 The frog cookies make really awesome gifts because they are so versatile.  Here are some of the ways you can use them.
Have a trio with the heart in the middle.

A frog and a heart.
Without name.
With name.

Give a gift of three frogs and three hearts.

This is my favorite!  Make the frogs tell your sweetheart you love them.
 As you can see I also decorated a bunch of heart cookies.  Let's be honest, what is Valentine's Day without hearts?


I had left over orange icing from my Denver Broncos cookies, so I made some orange and white hearts.  Everyone kept telling me that this isn't very Valentine's Day like, since it wasn't red or pink, but I am an orange person so I wouldn't mind getting some of these.


 I made up some red icing and made a few more in the spirit of the holiday.


 Once the red icing was made, I couldn't stop there so I made some pink and the real fun began.

As you can see I used the left over blue icing for the word love.

You can really say anything you want on the cookies.








 Here are a few ways to give these kind of cookies as a gift.






Another cookie I made and a great gift cookie is the love bug.  The love bugs are awesome because they make everyone fall in love instantly.  They are small and oh so charming.


One of the best things about the love bugs is that they can go both ways.

  You could give a male and female love bug with a heart.

 You could give two males and one female.

 You could give two male love bugs.

 You could give two female love bugs.
 
Or, if your love bugs are swingers you could give two couples!

Anyway you mix them up they are adorable and sure to please!  ;)

The second batch of Valentine's Day cookies I made was for my mom's first grade class.  Here are the finished results.








The final batch of cookies were just for fun.  I wanted to make some cupcake cookies and then some other heart cookies.  I also wanted to make very small, what I'm calling, stamp cookies.

Stamp like cookies.
I wanted to make penguin Valentine's Day cookies, but I didn't make any black icing, so I thought red would be perfectly fine.  My husband says it looks more like a duck.  You decide.


Completed Penguin Cookie.
Couple Penguin Cookies.
 I had never made cupcake cookies before and I wanted to give it a whirl, so here they are.  Lovey cupcake cookies.


You can see the problem with the air bubbles in the icing on this cookies.


 Here are more hearts that I did.





My brother gave me a great idea with the cookie above.  He thought that I should make picture frame cookies with actual edible pictures in them.  I am going to have to make sure I give those a try in the not so distant future.






There are so many different ways to decorate heart cookies.  It is so much fun to just get creative and spend a day decorating.

I have decided to sell my cookies, so I have been working on packaging them.  Here are some of the cookies all ready to sell.

Simple packaging.









My company motto on my ribbon!





If you wanted to give more of a gift package try this!












I wish everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with delicious treats!











No comments:

Post a Comment