Sunday, January 13, 2013

Denver Broncos!

I was having some people over to watch the Denver Broncos vs Baltimore Ravens game this past Saturday and I thought it would be a good idea to serve some Bronco cookies.  I had remembered that my friend Jamie had given me some Bronco cookie cutters as a gift, so I thought those would work perfectly.  Well, they didn't come out quit as well as I had expected.

These cookies you can't really see the Bronco image on them.

This cookie you can definitely see the Bronco image.
It was really hard to see the Bronco symbol on the cookies once they were cooked, so I was trying to think of another way to do it.  If you own a KopyKake Projector then you can project the image on the cookie and trace over it, but since I don't own one I had to think of another idea.  I decided to print out pics of the Bronco logo, the size I needed, and put a piece of wax paper over it so I could trace it.  Here are some pics that show the steps to trace the image.

I started with the blue outline.  In this first picture below you can see how the white isn't so smooth.  I realized that for the white I needed to use the flood icing as opposed to the stiff icing I used for the outline.

Blue outline and white non flood icing.

Blue outline with white flood icing.


 You can see in the photo above that using the white flood icing makes it much smoother.

I then added the orange icing for the hair.



Here are the four images iced.

I added the blue eye line.

Finally I added the small orange dot for the eye.

You can see some tests I did right above the image.
 I had only made 4 images thinking I only had four cookies, but in fact I had made 5 cookies.  So, for the fifth cookie I just free handed it.


Freehand cookie.  It's not as good, but it works. =D
After you are done tracing the images on the wax paper it is really important to make sure they dry completely.  Even when you think it's dry, it really isn't.  I always let them dry overnight before I even attempt to peel them off.  The next day was game day so I had to rush and get them done.

I very, very carefully peeled the images off the wax paper.  Here are a couple of images of the front and the back of the icing transfer once you pull it off the paper.

Front of royal icing transfer.

Back of royal icing transfer.
 The next step was to add icing to the back of the transfer and add it to the cookie.

Icing added to back.







 Here are the pics of the added transfers to the cookies.







The final cookies!



Well the cookies were very tasty, but sadly the Broncos still lost.  I guess I won't be making Bronco Super Bowl cookies.  I always have next year!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, what size picture did you print out for the images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies came out great. Thanks for showing us how you made the images. I am going to make them this super bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm going to try today. Do you have recipes for the icing you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my icing recipe from Sweetopia.net. Her website is awesome and always has great tips! Thank for checking out my cookies!

      Delete