Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lucky Clover

St. Patty's Day is fast approaching and since I love me some four leaf clovers, I thought it would be fitting to make some "lucky" treats.  I am having a little get together on March 17th and what goes better with an Irish coffee than a tasty cookie!

Ok, so I wanted to have two different color greens, just to make it a bit more interesting.  I only use one consistency of icing when I make my cookies.  A lot of people do a piping icing and a flooding icing, but that seems like way too much work.  I do however make a piping icing when I have to write words or do fine detail.  You will see that demonstrated in the Easter cookies.


I first flooded the cookie with my light green icing.

On this one I just added a simple white heart on the top right.

On this cookie I added some dark green dots.  It kind of looks like it has a disease. =D

I only made 10 clover cookies, since I was making Easter cookies at the same time.  Here are some pics of the rest of the cookies.






Cookie with its wrapping.
I wish you all a very Lucky Treats filled St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment