Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cookie Cutters!

So, I am prepping for my holiday cookie decorating!  I realize I have about a month before I even have to think about it, but this stuff takes time and planning.  I am trying to decide which cookie shapes I should make.  I just purchased a bunch of cookie cutters on amazon.com, including these awesome ornament shape cutters.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VH2OSS

I know I am definitely going to make some ornaments, but I can't decide on the other options. There are just so many!!!  I think snowmen would be cute, as well as stockings.  Oh but a Christmas tree or a candy cane could be FABULOUS as well.  On Martha Stewart's site she has an awesome snow globe cookie, designed by Dani Fiori, that is very charming. Take a look I think you'll fall in love with it.
http://www.marthastewart.com/271303/snow-globe-cookies

Hmmm, any suggestions?  I know I should make some Chanukah (or Hanukkah) cookies as well...maybe a snow flake because it's neutral?

Oh, so this weekend I am going to try and make royal icing transfers.  They are basically decorations you make on a piece of wax paper and then you can transfer them to anything you want.  I am going to do orange leaves, for fall, and because I have a ton of left over orange icing.  My husband and I are having a party in a couple weeks, and if all goes as planned, the leaves will be the topper of some mini cupcakes.   I know very ambitious, but in life you never know what you are capable of until you jump in and try it!

1 comment: