Thursday, April 11, 2013

Edible Images EEEK!

So this week I made cookies for a friend of mine.  He wanted to put his wife's company logo on a cookie.  I was thinking of the best way to do this and I decided on edible images.

First things first, I have to make 30 round cookies and ice them.  Then I can focus on getting the image printed.

Done and Done!

I made a few extra just in case there were any mishaps.  It is always a good idea to have extra cookies.  If you don't need them you can always eat them!

Once the cookies were drying, I started focusing on getting the image together. I had to clean up the image in photoshop before I could email it to Gloria's Cake Supply.  Gloria's printed out 3 sheets of the image on edible paper for me. 

Edible paper with images.
Once the cookies were dry I had to add the image to it.  I peeled off the round image from the paper, which by the way sounds waaaay easier than it is.  I had to cut each one and then slowly peel off the circle, hoping that the edges wouldn't tear.



Anyways, once you have the image you need to apply a thin coat of corn syrup to the cookie.  Well technically I would add the corn syrup and then pull off the image.

Use a brush to apply the corn syrup.
Next you place the edible image on the icing pressing from the middle out.

Image on cookie.
Now for the border.  I had originally wanted to do dots and scallops, but I thought the dots were a little too much so I just did the scallops.

Dots and scallops.
Once they are dry I might add a little luster dust to the border to make it sparkle a bit.  I will see how they look tomorrow.








They will get packed up tomorrow and delivered on Saturday!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment