Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday Treats!

So I know I said I would post this about a week ago, but I got a bit behind.  I made Chanukah cookies and some more Christmas cookies for our family's holiday party.  People keep telling me that it is impossible to find any Chanukah cookies.  I guess I haven't really seen any around, but then again I wasn't really looking for them.

Chanukah cookies, to me, are not the most interesting to make.  I usually just make Jewish star cookies, but I thought that this year I should expand my horizons. 








 Here are the menorah cookies I made.  Some I did on a plain cookie and others I did with a base of icing.
Plain Cookie
Iced Round Cookie

Plain Menorah


Iced Menorah


For the Christmas cookies I also wanted to make a new shape that I hadn't made before.  I had just bought a Santa head cookie cutter that I was dying to try out.  I had an idea to make a Mrs. Claus cookie with a round cutter shape.




Cheek Imperfection
 I don't know if you can see it, but on the Santa above I put my thumb in his cheek, so I had to refill it with icing.  You can see the imperfection on the right.



Mr. and Mrs. Claus
The Mrs. Claus' cookie had an imperfection on the top left because when it was cooking I put my thumb in it by accident.  Oh well.

Finished Santas
I also made some candy cane, stockings and snowflake cookies. 


You can see on the red and white stripped stocking there are red sprinkles in the white parts.  Basically I was impatient and I didn't let it dry well enough, so they stuck to the white icing.





Finished Snowflakes



Of course the last cookies I made were the titty cookies for my friend Rob.  I always have to add a couple of those for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment